So, I have this super talented friend named Shelly.
She sews and crafts and refashions clothes.
Oh, she also MAKES PIE!!!
She recently did a pie crust demonstration, which unfortunately I was not able to go. I was bummed.
However, she was kind enough to take the time to personally teach me how to make her famous pie crust!! At her house!
I don't know if you realize how big of a deal this is.
She made pie for weeks practicing for her demonstration. She probably never wanted to make pie again! And yet... she did.
Thank you Shelly.
I have never felt so accomplished in my life! She was even patient with my baking insecurities.
In my futile pie making past, I have attempted two pies. Yes, only two. And they both flopped miserably.
You can imagine my excitement when I tasted my first successful pie! I was giddy!
I have a bag full of apples just waiting for my second attempt... by myself.
Wish me luck!
She sews and crafts and refashions clothes.
Oh, she also MAKES PIE!!!
She recently did a pie crust demonstration, which unfortunately I was not able to go. I was bummed.
However, she was kind enough to take the time to personally teach me how to make her famous pie crust!! At her house!
I don't know if you realize how big of a deal this is.
She made pie for weeks practicing for her demonstration. She probably never wanted to make pie again! And yet... she did.
Thank you Shelly.
I have never felt so accomplished in my life! She was even patient with my baking insecurities.
In my futile pie making past, I have attempted two pies. Yes, only two. And they both flopped miserably.
You can imagine my excitement when I tasted my first successful pie! I was giddy!
I have a bag full of apples just waiting for my second attempt... by myself.
Wish me luck!


7 comments:
Was one of your failed attempts the time we tried to make it together (in the kitchen with the yellow counter) and it tasted like a pound of salt instead of delicious pie crust?
yummo! I made an apple crumble with my madre yesterday (purposefully without a crust because we didn't want to go there...)
Talent! That's what you have.
Looks great! How did your filling turn out?
you are so talented and the pie was terrific! I also LOVED your festive decorations for Halloween. Oh I hope your craftiness rubs off on me in the next 3 years!
you are so talented and the pie was terrific! I also LOVED your festive decorations for Halloween. Oh I hope your craftiness rubs off on me in the next 3 years!
SO HOW DO I GET THE RECIPE??????
Post a Comment